One shouldn’t underestimate the role of evaporator coil and condenser coil, that both are a part of any split system. Instead, Las Vegas AC owners should keep in mind that over months and years of operation, these components are prone to collect dust and dirt.
If the filter isn’t clean or replaced, dust and other particles accumulate in the evaporator coil even faster. And just imagine what happens to the outdoor condenser coil that is exposed to leaves, animal hair, pollen, and dirt!
What happens if you don't clean air conditioning coils regularly?
The condenser and evaporator coils take part in absorbing heat and cooling the air.
You might be surprised at how much dust and dirt can accumulate on the coils. If AC coils are covered with dirt and don’t get regular cleaning, it could lead to a number of negative consequences.
- The evaporator and the condenser coils won’t be able to cool the air effectively. As debris builds up on the coils, the air conditioner will have to work harder to maintain the proper temperature, which will make it less efficient.
- The compressor will run continuously to cool your home that may result in a mild or serious AC breakdown and possible expensive repairs.
- The accumulated dirt might start coming inside your home, negatively affecting indoor air quality.
- Dense layers of dirt on the coils can also be the reason for higher energy bills.
- Lack of regular AC coil cleaning can shorten the lifespan of your air cooling system and speed up its replacement.
Why would you have to deal with worse air cooling and considerable expenses? You can easily avoid these problems by using the services of Las Vegas
Get help from professional AC repair, maintenance & cleaning services in Las Vegas
Firstly, take a look at your split system and if you see that the AC coils are clogged, contact Nevada Residential Services – we’ll help clean and repair your air conditioner.
If it’s possible and reachable, you can wipe the surface of the indoor unit and minimize dirt and debris around the condensing (outdoor) unit by yourself. Cleaning the area around the condenser coil and removing any debris can ensure that there is sufficient airflow for the outdoor unit to function properly.
But we don’t recommend you clean your home air conditioner system on your own. NRS specialists are trained and certified enough to conduct professional AC repair, maintenance & cleaning. They will check the internal details of the air conditioner, the refrigerant level, clean or replace the filters, remove dirt from the condenser and evaporator coils, fan blades, clean the outdoor unit and remove debris, and conduct other cleaning, maintenance or repair works, if necessary. Scheduled in a timely manner, it will definitely extend the lifespan of your split system without taking much time.
In order to keep your air conditioning & ventilation system clean, don’t forget about regular preventative HVAC maintenance. Its frequency depends on the AC model, the duration of its operation and the level of contamination. But on average, professional maintenance should be carried out twice a year.
Have you noticed dusty and dirty AC coils and a decrease in performance of your air conditioner? Call Nevada Residential Services for reliable 24 hour AC repair, maintenance & cleaning: 702.935.0777.