Many people in Las Vegas, Nevada ask the question: Are Ductless Heat Pumps Worth It? Ductless Mini Split Heat Pumps don't require ductwork, they offer higher efficiency ratings than boiler-based systems & cost less to operate. All of this makes a ductless mini-split system not only a very energy efficient Air Conditioner, but it's also one of the most effective and energy efficient heaters out there as well.
Looking to find out more about Ductless Mini Splits? In this article Heating & Cooling experts at Nevada Residential Services will talk about the basics of a ductless mini split heating systems and their benefits.
Need to cool / heat a room (or two...or three) in your Nevada home or office, but you don’t want to mess with installing extra ductwork to cool them. Or maybe your buliding does not have ductwork at all.
If you need not only cooling but heating as well, consider purchasing a ductless mini split heat pump. Ductless AC Units are very energy efficient HVAC systems, by maximizing the amount of heat generated from the energy consumed they offer very high efficiency ratings and can save a lot of money on your energy bills.
Ductless, Mini-Split Heat Pumps
A ductless mini-split AC is basically a mini version of a split central air conditioning system. Mini Splits, or Ductless mini-split-systems can be the best choice for houses with "non-ducted" heating systems. They are the perfect choice for homes that require only a small space conditioning system and one of the best solutions for room additions where extending or installing distribution ductwork is not feasible.
Like most of the heat pumps, mini splits have two main components:
- Outdoor compressor/condenser
- Indoor air-handling unit (evaporator/blower)
Advantages of installing Ductless Mini Split Systems
One of the main advantages of mini splits are their small size and flexibility for zoning or heating and cooling individual rooms. Many models can have as many as four indoor air-handling units (for four zones or rooms) connected to one outdoor unit. How much heating or cooling is required for the building or each zone is affected by how well the building is insulated and air sealed.
- Require minimal installation efforts, great for: Home renovations, Home additions, Sun rooms, Garages, Apartments and condos, Offices, Zoning. Ductless mini-split systems are easier to install than some other types of space conditioning systems.
- Ductless mini split air conditioners don't use ductwork and avoid the energy losses (up to 30%) associated with the ductwork of central forced air systems.
- Each of the zones has its own thermostat, so you only need to condition occupied spaces.
- Split systems can help keep your home safer, because there is only a small hole in the wall.
- If necessary, you can locate the outdoor unit as far away as 50 feet from the indoor evaporator(s).
- Ductless Mini-split System can add more evaporator units (up to 4) to one condenser unit.
- They are extremely energy-efficient, allowing you to save money on monthly heating and cooling bills.
- Mini Splits are more aesthetically pleasing than traditional HVAC units.
- Improved indoor air quality - ductless systems utilize cutting-edge filtration systems that provides you with healthier, cleaner air.
- They’re small, quiet and have several placement options for effectively cooling different rooms in your home.
How much does a ductless mini-split air conditioner cost?
The cost usually depends on several factors:
- Air Conditioner Brand
- SEER or Energy Efficiency Rating Chosen
- Size of the System (tons or BTU's)
- Number of Indoor Air Handling Units
- Cost of installation
But according to the U.S Department of Energy on average, a mini-split will cost $1,500 to $2,000 per ton (12,000 Btu per hour) of cooling capacity. A mini split/ductless heat pump can offer an affordable and efficient solution for your cooling & heating needs.
Decided to Install ductless mini-split-system heat pump?
Be sure to choose an ENERGY STAR® compliant unit and hire qualified, professional AC installers that will help to decide the right size (tons) mini-split you should install. Nevada Resindential Services Air Conditioning & Heating Company are one of the best HVAC contractors in Las Vegas. Our tech team familiar with all kinds of HVAC products, we work with all makes and models of air conditioning & heating systems. Call us whenever you need professional AC Installation services - we are always ready to help!