Experiencing problems with your heating system? Your furnace suddenly stopped working properly or even not working at all? - There are a whole variety of possible reasons that can lead to a small or big problems with a HVAC system.
As the autumn comes by and the weather gets colder and colder, our Henderson heating experts at Nevada Residential Services Heating and Air receive an increasingly larger and larger amount of calls regarding malfunctioning or completely broken heater or furnace. Emergency heating repair calls are very common during late november and december. In 90% of cases this happens because lack of proper maintenance. In order to avoid such inconveniences and save money on costly heating repairs, your heating system needs regular maintenance.
But what to do when something already happened with a furnace or heating system? How to identify what kind of a problem we are facing and what can we do about it? – We have prepared our list of the most common heating furnace repair problems that residents of Henderson have to deal with most often. In some cases you can effectively perform inspection and fix it on your own if you can, but in most cases it is better to call us – our heater furnace experts will do professional heater repair or maintenance to ensure you stay calm and warm this winter.
The most common heating problems include:
- Dirty filters – Having a dirty or clogged air filters in your furnace can create efficiency problems beacause of reduce airflow, causing lower air quality and higher energy bills. In some cases, a clogged filter may even cause damage to your HVAC system.
- Ignition control or pilot light problems – A faulty ignition or pilot can make it very difficult to heat your home or office. Look at the pilot light on your furnace, if it is any color other than blue, then it’s a clear sign that the furnace is not working correctly. Whatever the problem is, to avoid larger problems any issues with the flame should be left to the professionals at NRS Air Conditionig & Heating.
- Wear and tear – furnaces and heating units will experience mechanical wear and tear over time. This can can cause airflow problems, heat control-related problems or even furnace overheating.
- Short Cycling – when furnace constantly turning «On» and «Off» and running in cycles too short to completely heat a room its called frequent or short cycling. This may indicate a clogged filter, improper airflow or a bad thermostat setting
- Thermostat malfunctions – If your thermostat isn’t functioning properly, it can cause comfort issues and cold spots in your home. If your thermostat breaks, you will most likely need to call a HVAC professional to have it replaced.
- Too Much Noise - if you hear abnormal rattles or squeaks you may have a mechanical problem.
- The furnace doesn’t heat at all: Make sure your pilot light and ignition is On. If it is On and you still not getting any heat then your heater have wrong thermostat setting, power, gas or the pilot light issues.
A heater expert is usually the best person to quickly and efficiently inspect and diagnose your heating system to find the problem, also if they will find some major problems they can immediately do the HVAC repairs. Living in Las Vegas, Henderson or surrounding areas? Notice a heating or furnace problem? - Let a local heating technician to worry about heating repair. Nevada Residential Services Heating & Air Conditioning are available 24/7 to make any furnace repair needed. Contact us to learn more about our heating and air services
Schedule an appointment online.